- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, 1999, Editor-in-Chief, Women's Rights Law Reporter
- B.A., Fairleigh Dickinson University, 1992, summa cum laude
- Legal Intern to the Honorable William G. Bassler, Federal District Court of New Jersey in Newark
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Courts of New Jersey
Andrea Cataneo is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's New York office and a member of the Capital Markets and Public Companies team, the Cannabis team, the Food and Beverage team and the Blockchain Technology and Digital Currency team.
Areas of Practice
Andrea focuses on structuring secured and unsecured equity and debt financing transactions for late stage and microcap companies, and taking private companies public via self-registration statements and IPOs. Additionally, through her extensive relationships in the investment banking community, Andrea offers her clients targeted sources of capital. She also represents publicly-held companies with their 1934 Act reporting obligations to the Securities and Exchange Commission, and performs a variety of corporate transactions for her clients, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, proxy contests, restructurings and corporate governance, NASDAQ and NYSE-American listing applications and all related compliance matters. Her practice covers domestic and international transactions, and she has been active in Italy, Argentina, Canada, China, India, Israel, Kenya and Russia.
Prior to joining the firm, Andrea ran a private practice concentrating in the areas of Securities Law, Corporate Finance, General Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions and Entertainment Law. Previously, she served as General Counsel to Power Station Entertainment, Inc. and the highly acclaimed Power Station Recording Studio.
Podcasts & Webinars
- November 20, 2019
Cannabis Law Blog
Law of the Ledger: Blockchain Law Blog Posts
Venture Law Blog
- "With the SEC, Cooperation is Key," March 8, 2019
- Law360, October 20, 2016
- Ms. Cataneo has served on industry panels both domestically and internationally to discuss topics including SEC rule changes, Blockchain and Cannabis industry developments, trends in the market and being public in the United States. She has presented twice) at the annual International Financial Endeavour and Capital Summit held in Taiyuan, Shanxi Province, China and at the Kenya Trade Mission 1st and 2nd Annual Entrepreneurial Finance Conferences.