- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, 1999, Editor-in-Chief, Women's Rights Law Reporter
- B.A., Fairleigh Dickinson University, 1992, summa cum laude
- Legal Intern to the Honorable William G. Bassler, Federal District Court of New Jersey in Newark
- New Jersey
- United States District Courts of New Jersey
Andrea Cataneo is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Cataneo focuses on structuring secured and unsecured private equity financing transactions for microcap companies, and taking companies public via self-registration statements and reverse merger transactions. Additionally, through her extensive relationships in the investment banking community, Ms. Cataneo offers her clients targeted sources of capital. She also represents publicly-held companies with their 1934 Act reporting obligations to the SEC, as well as with NASDAQ, AMEX and other exchange listing and compliance matters. Ms. Cataneo has access to shell companies of various types that are seeking merger candidates and business combinations. Her practice covers domestic and international transactions, and she has been active in Argentina, Canada, China, India, Israel, Kenya and Russia.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Cataneo ran a private practice concentrating in the areas of Securities Law, Corporate Finance, General Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions and Entertainment Law. Previously, she served as General Counsel to Power Station Entertainment, Inc. and the highly acclaimed Power Station Recording Studio.
- Law360, October 20, 2016
- Ms. Cataneo has served on industry panels both domestically and internationally to discuss topics including SEC rule changes, trends in the market and being public in the United States. She has presented twice (2009 and 2010) at the annual International Financial Endeavour and Capital Summit held in Taiyuan, Shanxi Province, China and at the Kenya Trade Mission 1st and 2nd Annual Entrepreneurial Finance Conferences.