Allison Cheffer is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Allison represents and counsels employers in wage and hour disputes. She also defends employers against claims of wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment and failure to accommodate. A significant portion of her practice is devoted to representing employers in the defense of complaints for class action and single-plaintiff matters in both court and arbitration.
Allison represents employers residing within the financial services, banking, retail and healthcare industries.
Labor and Employment Law Blog
- "Employees Cannot Obtain 'Double Recovery' of Unpaid Wages and Premiums for Non-Compliant Rest Breaks," October 26, 2020
- "Employers Must Consider the ADA and Other Disability Laws When Confronted With a Pandemic," March 13, 2020
- "What Employers Need To Know To Prepare For Coronavirus," March 2, 2020
J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2019, CALI Award for Excellence, Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Art & the Law
B.A., University of California Berkeley, 2011
- Extern to the Honorable Justice Ming W. Chin of the Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California