Ashlee Difuntorum is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Ashlee focuses her practice on complex business litigation matters and employment actions. She has litigated high-stakes contractual disputes, equity ownership and partnership disputes, trade secret misappropriation claims, wage and hour claims, and worker classification claims. Ashlee has represented clients in a broad range of industries, including construction, food and beverage, financial services, energy, and hospitality.
Ashlee has experience in trial preparation and drafting critical litigation documents such as summary judgment motions, demurrers, motions to dismiss, complex discovery motions, and settlement agreements. She has successfully argued motions in court, including demurrers.
Beyond litigation, Ashlee has advised clients, co-authored articles, and presented to the Southern California Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel regarding California’s worker classification laws. Ashlee also leads internal investigations of clients’ internal employee complaints. Her pro bono practice includes drafting and negotiating event, vendor, and consultation agreements for GLAAD.
Ashlee is active in the San Diego community and is dedicated to public service and promoting diversity. She is a volunteer mentor for the Promises2Kids Guardian Scholars program, and she is a member of the Tom Homann LGBT Law Association. Ashlee has also served on the North County LGBTQ Resource Center’s committees for Pride By The Beach and its annual Gala, including as the Fundraising Lead.
While attending law school, Ashlee served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Manuel L. Real of the United States District Court. She also served as an extern for the U.S. Attorney’s office.
- Bloomberg Law, 10.28.2019
- "What Rules Will Govern Claims Relating to CBD in Food, Beverages and Supplements?," November 4, 2019
- "Options for California Franchisors After New Contractor Standards," October 9, 2019
- "Food Suppliers: Understand What Your Contamination and Recall Insurance Policies Do and Don’t Cover – Then Plan Accordingly," September 6, 2019
- "Autonomous Vehicles – Cybersecurity Issues," December 4, 2017
- "Cybersecurity Issues of Self-Driving Vehicles," July 18, 2017
- "Data Privacy Issues of Self-Driving Vehicles," July 17, 2017