Ashlee Difuntorum is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's San Diego office.
Areas of Practice
Ashlee focuses her practice on litigating complex business disputes, counseling on regulatory issues within the food and beverage industry, and conducting workplace investigations. She has litigated high-stakes contractual disputes across the food and beverage, hospitality, and retail industries. Ashlee has experience in trial preparation and drafting and arguing critical litigation documents such as summary judgment motions, demurrers, motions to dismiss, complex discovery motions, and settlement agreements.
Beyond litigation, Ashlee enjoys working with clients to find solutions to everyday issues so that businesses can run smoothly and reach their full potential. She leads workplace investigations involving internal employee complaints, and has advised clients, co-authored articles, and presented to the Southern California Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel on California’s worker classification laws.
Ashlee also serves as outside pro bono counsel to GLAAD, which is a national organization with a mission to garner full acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community through accurate media representation. Her work for GLAAD includes drafting and negotiating agreements, drafting internal policies, and attending board meetings.
Ashlee is active in the San Diego community and is dedicated to public service and promoting diversity. She created an elimination of bias CLE presentation titled “LGBTQ+ Allyship for Legal Professionals,” which she has presented to several companies and organizations. She is also a volunteer mentor for the Promises2Kids Guardian Scholars program, and has served on the North County LGBTQ Resource Center’s committees for Pride By The Beach and its annual Gala, including as the Fundraising Lead.
- Bloomberg Law, 10.28.2019
- "What Rules Will Govern Claims Relating to CBD in Food, Beverages and Supplements?," November 4, 2019
- "Options for California Franchisors After New Contractor Standards," October 9, 2019
- "Food Suppliers: Understand What Your Contamination and Recall Insurance Policies Do and Don’t Cover – Then Plan Accordingly," September 6, 2019
- "Autonomous Vehicles – Cybersecurity Issues," December 4, 2017
- "Cybersecurity Issues of Self-Driving Vehicles," July 18, 2017
- "Data Privacy Issues of Self-Driving Vehicles," July 17, 2017
- ACC San Diego Chapter, Webinar, 07.17.2023
J.D., Loyola Law School, 2018
B.A., San Diego State University, 2015
- Extern to the Honorable Manuel L. Real of the United States District Court for the Central District of California
- Extern for the U.S. Attorney’s office