Anton Gerber is an associate in the Antitrust and Competition Practice Group in the firm's Brussels office.
Areas of Practice
Anton advises on all aspects of EU and German competition law, covering questions related to cartel and antitrust investigations, vertical agreements, merger control filings, State aid and cartel damages actions. His practice includes regulated industries such as energy and railways. He also advises on data protection issues, including international data transfers and other aspects of data privacy compliance.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Anton was trained in EU Law in Germany and Belgium, where he received an LL.M. in European Legal Studies from the College of Europe. He was part of the competition and data protection / IT practices of major German and international law firms, focusing on technology, automotive and manufacturing sectors. Additionally, he has gained experience in government bodies such as the German Federal Network Agency and the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Competition, where he worked on antitrust investigations in the tech sector.
- Merger notifications to the German Federal Cartel Office
- Advice on parental liability for cartel fines
- Advice in the context of follow-on cartel damages claims
- Investigations into and evidence gathering regarding an alleged abuse of a dominant position
- Preparing of written submissions in litigious cases concerning regulated energy and telecommunication providers
- Advice on the implementation of national ePrivacy laws
- Advice on cross-border data transfers to third countries
- No transparency for the sake of it: How the data subject’s capacity, role and context influence the EU Court’s balancing of the right of access to documents against data protection, Berliner Rechtszeitschrift 1/2021, p.p. 27-34
Second State Examination in Law, Higher Regional Court of Cologne, 2022
LL.M. in European Legal Studies, College of Europe (Bruges, Belgium), 2020
First State Examination in Law, University of Cologne, 2018
Erasmus Program, Université de Lorraine (Nancy, France), 2015
- Cologne Bar, Germany