Adria Harris is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Adria's practice focuses on advising and defending employers in nearly all aspects of labor and employment law. A significant portion of her practice is devoted to defending businesses against employment discrimination and complex class action lawsuits.
Honors and Awards
Adria graduated from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law as a Saks Institute Scholar, a member of the Hale Moot Court Honors Program and a recipient of numerous honors and awards. While attending USC Law, she earned several American Jurisprudence Awards for outstanding scholastic achievement and was honored with the prestigious Edward and Eleanor Shattuck Award, which recognizes top graduating law students who have demonstrated the greatest potential for becoming outstanding members of the bar and have made significant contributions to the legal community.
Adria was recently named to the National Black Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 class of 2019. The award recognizes attorneys under 40 who demonstrate superior leadership, reputation, influence, stature and profile.
Adria is a member of the Langston Bar Association and serves on the Young Lawyers Committee of the Black Women Lawyers Association. She is frequently invited to speak at legal workshops, seminars and panels.
Adria has also undertaken a significant amount of pro bono legal work, earning Sheppard Mullin’s Pro Bono All-Star Award for 2018 and 2019.
Adria has experience litigating cases in state court, federal court and arbitration. Her experience also includes:
- Spearheading the early resolution of numerous cases
- Securing early dismissal without settlement for her clients
- Mediating difficult cases to settlement
- Advising clients on wage-and-hour issues
- Facilitating the employment-related transition procedures associated with acquisitions and layoffs
- Drafting, revising and advising businesses on employment-related agreements, employee handbooks and employment personnel policies
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2018, Edward & Eleanor Shattuck Award Recipient
B.S., University of Tennessee, 2014, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California