- J.D., University of Illinois, College of Law, 2016, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2012, Bronze Tablet
Amy Harwath is an associate in the Labor & Employment Practice Group in the firm's Chicago office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Harwath represents employers in state and federal court in a variety of employment matters, including discrimination and harassment claims, wage and hour disputes, trade secret misappropriation, and breach of non-compete agreements. She has experience litigating single plaintiff, multi-plaintiff, class and collective action lawsuits, and is involved in every step of litigation, from case strategy and discovery to dispositive motion practice. Ms. Harwath also assists clients on day-to-day human resources issues, such as FLSA employee classifications, leave policies, WARN Act and OWBPA notices, and internal investigations.
In addition to her labor and employment practice, Ms. Harwath has represented clients in commercial litigation matters, including eminent domain, restrictive covenants, defamation and products liability.
While in law school, Ms. Harwath served as an Associate Editor of the University of Illinois Law Review and a teaching assistant for Property Law. She was also the recipient of CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Employment Discrimination Law, Labor Law and Property Law.
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, November 23, 2016
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "The Continued Uncertainty of Paid Sick Leave Laws," February 9, 2017
- "Dissecting New Sick Leave Laws in Illinois, Cook County and the City of Chicago," November 14, 2016
Intellectual Property Law Blog Posts