- J.D., Northwestern University, 2011, associate editor for the Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property
- B.S./B.A., Duke University, 2007, dual degrees in Electrical/Computer Engineering and Computer Science
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Andrew Kim is an associate in the Intellectual Property group, and works primarily out of the firm’s Los Angeles and Palo Alto offices.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Kim practices intellectual property law, with an emphasis in patent prosecution and litigation. He has worked on a variety of matters including prosecution of patents, reexamination proceedings before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and litigation of patents in federal courts. In these matters, he has represented companies and individuals involved in a diverse array of technologies, including aerospace, biotechnology, computers, e-commerce, entertainment, gaming, life sciences, lighting devices, medical devices, orthotics, payment processing systems, pet products, semiconductors, social networking systems, software, sporting goods, and telecommunications.
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, American Bar Association (ABA)
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
- Member, Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law and Association(LAIPLA)