- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 2009
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2006, with honors
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Mandarin Chinese
Adrienne Lee is special counsel in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Orange County office.
Areas of Practice
Adrienne is an experienced trial attorney with a proven track record of successfully representing companies and individuals at the state and federal court levels and in arbitration and mediation. Adrienne assists clients in a wide range of industries, including insurance, healthcare, telecommunications, food and beverage, software, apparel, banking, and real estate.
- Obtained $8 million arbitration award against Avaya for termination of longstanding reseller (2014, New Jersey).
- Defeated class certification and obtained complete defense judgment at trial on behalf of restaurant client sued under Unruh Civil Rights Act for allegedly offering Ladies' Night drink specials. (2017, Los Angeles Superior Court, Judge Ann Jones).
- Successfully defended major sportswear company against $60 million earn-out claim. (2015, Orange County JAMS, Arbitrators Chernick, Heeseman, B. Friedman).
- Obtained unanimous defense jury verdict following 1.5 week trial on behalf of client sued for battery. (2012, Orange County Superior Court, Judge Jamoa Moberly).
- Trademark policing on behalf of licensing company; successfully compelled arbitration in trademark infringement action against former licensee, which yielded $16 million award for client. (2017, ADR Services, Judge James Lambden).
- Obtained dismissals of various defamation lawsuits pursuant to the anti-SLAPP statute and obtained attorneys' fee awards on behalf of clients. (2012, Orange County Superior Court, Judge Geoffrey Glass; 2014, Los Angeles Superior Court, Judge Michael Linfield).
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit asserting interference, unfair competition, restraint of trade, and conspiracy claims against client Tervis Tumbler Co. (Singman v. NBA Properties Inc. and Tervis Tumbler Co., 2:13-cv-05675 (C.D. Cal. 2012), Judge Audrey B. Collins).
- Obtained dismissal of quiet title and fraud lawsuit involving luxury condominium in Los Angeles (2014, Los Angeles Superior Court, Judge Lisa H. Cole).
- Defeated motion for preliminary injunction in trade secret misappropriation action (Agency Solutions.Com v. The TriZetto Group Inc., 819 F.Supp.2d 1001 (E.D. Cal. 2012), Judge Anthony W. Ishii).
Class Action Defense Law Blog Posts
- "New FCC Interpretation Of "Express Consent" To Increase TCPA Class Action Liability," June 11, 2013
- "The Federal Arbitration Act Preempts Any Right To A Class Action Under State Law," August 7, 2012
Climate Change & Clean Technology Law Blog Posts
- "Update on Initiative to Suspend California's Global Warming Bill", May 10, 2010
- "EPA Will Not Require Stationary Sources to Obtain Clean Air Act Permits for GHGs Until January 2011", March 30, 2010
- "New Green Technologies Would Meet the Renewable Energy Standard Under the Support Renewable Energy Act of 2010", March 2, 2010
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Orange County, Pro Bono Advisory Council
- Office Leader, Diversity and Inclusion Attorney Network
- Orange County Bar Association Member