- February 15, 2017
- Firm Expands Office With Litigation Attorney AdditionJuly 9, 2014
Led by three specialists certified by the California State Bar, Sheppard Mullin’s appellate attorneys have handled hundreds of appeals, writ proceedings, and motions in state and federal courts throughout California and the United States. When litigation is still in the trial courts, they consult with the Firm’s litigators regarding record preservation, post‑trial motions, and strategy. They then use their experience to provide clients with initial evaluations of whether filing an appeal makes sense. And they prosecute and respond to appeals with briefs that are clear, concise, and effective. Their overriding goal is to WIN. They usually do.
Our appellate lawyers have handled appeals in virtually every civil practice area affecting businesses and individuals, including specialized state and federal statutory claims, bankruptcy, and white collar crime. They are particularly adept in seeking discretionary review in the California Supreme Court and the federal Circuit Courts of Appeal. Their reputation as experts in appellate practice is demonstrated by their service as members of California’s Appellate Law Advisory Commission, State Bar Appellate Courts Committee, local Appellate Practice Committees, as well as writing, lecturing, and teaching in the area of appellate practice.
- Super Lawyers, January 20, 2017
- Super Lawyers, January 20, 2016
- U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers, November 3, 2015
- Best Lawyers, August 17, 2015
- Law360, September 30, 2016
- Corporate Counsel, June 12, 2015
- December 3, 2014
- Daily Journal, May 7, 2014
- Daily Journal, February 27, 2014
- The Recorder, August 2, 2013