Angela Reid is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office. She is a member of the firm’s Recruiting Committee, and is actively involved in the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Attorney Network and Pro Bono efforts. She also serves as the firm’s representative for the Young Lawyers Division of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL).
Areas of Practice
Angela represents clients with complex business disputes. She has litigated claims in both state and federal court involving breach of contract, fraud, unfair competition, false advertising, breach of fiduciary duty, unlawful detainer, shareholder actions and other business torts in several industries. She has experience with all aspects of civil procedure, including filing and responding to complaints, conducting discovery, motion practice, and judgment enforcement.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Angela conducted Business Development for corporations in the fields of Activated Carbon, Industrial Tires, and Third-Party Logistics. During law school, she served as an extern to the Honorable Deborah J. Saltzman, at the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.
Corporate and Securities Law Blog Posts
- "Second Circuit Holds That Investors Who Delegate Discretionary Authority to Investment Advisors are not Members of a “Group” for Purposes of Section 16(b) Liability," May 26, 2020
- "Frustration of Purpose – Do I Have a Defense?," March 17, 2020
- "The Impact of Coronavirus on Supply Chain" March 4, 2020
- "Third Circuit Holds that SLUSA Does Not Preclude Class Action Opt-Outs from Pursuing Individual Actions," October 3, 2019
Intellectual Property Law Blog Posts
- "A Cautionary Trade Secrets Tale: Failure To Preserve Potentially Relevant Evidence," May 6, 2020
- "3 Steps in Furtherance of Avoiding Devastating Spoliation Sanctions in Trade Secret Misappropriation Litigation," December 5, 2019
Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog
- "Prop 65 Warnings and Acrylamide in Food – Can I Still Have My Coffee and Drink it Too?" March 10, 2020
- "Proposition 65: California Clarifies Responsibilities To Warn Amongst Manufacturers, Distributors and Retailers," January 29, 2020
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2018
B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2008
- Extern to the Honorable Deborah J. Saltzman, at the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for 9th Circuit