Alyssa M. Shauer is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Century City office. Alyssa is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and a member of Sheppard Mullin’s privacy and cybersecurity team.
Areas of Practice
Alyssa focuses her practice on complex business litigation matters. She has litigated consumer and false advertising class actions, contract and business tort cases, shareholder derivative actions, unfair competition claims and employment actions. She has represented clients in a broad range of industries including retail, food and beverage, commercial lending, technology and entertainment.
Alyssa has experience drafting critical litigation documents from basic pleadings to summary judgment motions and complex settlement agreements. Alyssa is also an excellent oral advocate and has experience negotiating settlement agreements for a fraction of an opponent’s demand and successfully arguing dispositive motions.
Beyond litigation, Alyssa provides guidance to corporate clients on privacy matters including the EU General Data Protection Regulation and California Consumer Privacy Act, and on various issues related to director and officer liability.
- Daily Journal, 03.19.2020
Corporate and Securities Law Blog Posts
- "Delaware Chancery Court Strictly Construes Appraisal Statute to Deny Stockholders Appraisal Rights in a Reverse Triangular Merger," July 20, 2018
- "United States Supreme Court Holds that Foreign Corporations May Not Be Held Liable Under the Alien Tort Statute," May 1, 2018
Eye on Privacy Blog Posts
- "French Regulator Says “Oui” to GDPR Fines for Under-Protected and Over-Retained Data," July 29, 2019
- "Washington State’s Comprehensive Privacy Law Bill Continues to Navigate Through State Legislature," April 27, 2019
- "UK Issues Fine for Unsolicited Funeral Marketing Emails," October 26, 2018
- "FTC Expresses Concerns Over Mobile Security Updates," May 17, 2018
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2017
B.A., University of Washington, 2013
- Extern to the Honorable Margaret M. Morrow, Central District of California
- Central District of California; Northern District of California; Southern District of California