- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2017
- B.A., University of Washington, 2013
- Extern to the Honorable Margaret M. Morrow, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Alyssa M. Shauer is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Century City office. Ms. Shauer is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and a member of Sheppard Mullin’s Privacy Team.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Ms. Shauer externed in the chambers of the Honorable Margaret M. Morrow, Central District of California. She served as a Managing Editor of the UCLA Law Review and as Vice President of the Cyber Crimes Symposium and Competition on the Moot Court Honors Board. Prior to law school, Ms. Shauer studied emerging technology and cyber security regulations as a policy analyst for a managed care health plan and as a software developer for the Federal Aviation Administration in Washington, D.C.
Corporate and Securities Law Blog Posts
- "Delaware Chancery Court Strictly Construes Appraisal Statute to Deny Stockholders Appraisal Rights in a Reverse Triangular Merger," July 20, 2018
- "United States Supreme Court Holds that Foreign Corporations May Not Be Held Liable Under the Alien Tort Statute," May 1, 2018
Eye on Privacy Blog Posts
- "UK Issues Fine for Unsolicited Funeral Marketing Emails," October 26, 2018
- "FTC Expresses Concerns Over Mobile Security Updates," May 17, 2018