- J.D., George Washington University Law School, 1996
- B.S., State University at New York, Albany, 1993
- New Jersey
- New York
Aaron Shourie is a special counsel in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office and a member of the firm’s Communications Team.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Shourie’s practice focuses on providing transactional and regulatory advice to international and domestic companies in the telecommunications, media, technology, and aerospace industries, including satellite and satellite-related companies. He represents clients in M&A, cross-border transactions (particularly North and South America, Europe, Middle East and Asia), joint ventures, satellite landing rights, complex commercial and licensing agreements, technology transactions and corporate matters.
Mr. Shourie leverages over twelve years of global satellite industry experience gained as a senior legal executive at SES S.A. in his representation of satellite operators, customers, manufacturers and launch service providers in complex transactions, including satellite procurement, launch services and insurance, major customer contracts, hosted payloads, condosat arrangements, spectrum use agreements and joint orbital slot and spectrum development opportunities.
Mr. Shourie is a board member of the Washington Space Business Roundtable (WSBR), a member of the Society of Satellite Professionals International (SSPI) and a member of the Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA).
- "Key Considerations in Hosted Payloads," Satellite Finance, November 14, 2016
- Moderator, "Fortune 500s Interest in Space – Just a Branding Move or Something More," Space 2.0 Conference, Silicon Valley, CA, April 26, 2017
- Washington, DC, March 8, 2017