- J.D. Southwestern Law School, 2012, Special Project Editor, Southwestern Law Review
- B.A., University of California, San Diego, 2007, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Extern to the Honorable Consuelo B. Marshall, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Kira Teshima is a real estate and land use associate and lead associate of the firm’s Japan team. She is based in Los Angeles.
Kira helps developers, large and small businesses, property owners, and other private parties comply with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and planning and zoning regulations; obtain development entitlements and regulatory approvals; craft strategic real estate transactional documents and easements; and advises on government advocacy.
Kira has worked on a variety of complex housing, mixed-use development, and utility-scale energy projects throughout California. She also represents developers and management in traditional labor law issues, including union negotiations. Kira advises clients on state and federal land use and environmental laws, including CEQA, the National Environmental Policy Act, the California Coastal Act, the Subdivision Map Act, the California Public Records Act and other state and local development regulations.
Kira has helped Japanese companies obtain development entitlements and regulatory approvals to operate throughout California. Before completing her law degree, she studied abroad at Doshisha University in Kyoto, Japan.
Kira is passionate about U.S.-Japan relations and is an active leader in the Japanese American community. She is the immediate past president of the New Leadership Advisory Council of the Japanese American National Museum, current Treasurer of the Japanese American Bar Association of Los Angeles, Board of Director of the Japanese American Bar Association Educational Foundation, and an alumni of the U.S.-Japan Council Emerging Leaders Program.
- Recipient, U.S.-Japan Council Emerging Leaders Program
Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog Posts
- "New Live/Work Ordinance Adopted by L.A. City Council," February 24, 2016
- "Redevelopment Strikes Back," October 9, 2015
- "Governor Signs Off on New Tax-Increment Financing Structure," October 7, 2014
- "No Private Attorney General Fees for Homeowner," December 26, 2013
- Treasurer, Japanese American Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Japanese American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Group
- Board of Directors, Japanese American Bar Association Educational Foundation
- Vice President, New Leadership Advisory Council of the Japanese American National Museum
- Member, Los Angeles Urban Land Institute, Young Leaders Group