- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- B.S., Computer Science, University of Missouri, Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
William Ahmann is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group and Leader of the Palo Alto Office’s Summer Associate, Associate Training, and Pro Bono Teams.
William is a fluent speaker of Japanese. Before completing his law degree, he was based in Tokyo for three years for an Internet company he co-founded.
William’s areas of special focus are related to patents in the physical sciences (computer science and electrical and mechanical engineering), specifically patent procurement, patent monetization, patent litigation defense, and post-grant procedures at the patent office (ex parte reexamination, reissue, inter partes reexamination/review), in the US and Japan.
- "Patent Reform: The Impact on Start-Ups," Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal, January, 2012
- “FTC Proposes Consent Order to Settle Charges Alleging Misrepresentation of Assertion Entity,” November 7, 2014
- Guest Lecturer, “Legal Issues of Start Up Business,” Santa Clara Law School, June 11, 2014
- Panelist, “Digital Health Innovation: Project to Product, Gladstone Institute, San Francisco, May 14, 2014
- Silicon Valley Startup: Idea to IPOFebruary 28, 2018
- Intellectual Property, Regulation, and FinancingGladstone Institute, San Francisco, May 14, 2014