- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2009
- B.S., Furman University, 2006
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Virginia Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
April Weisbruch is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Weisbruch focuses on all aspects of intellectual property, including both patent prosecution and patent litigation. Ms. Weisbruch’s focus on “full spectrum IP work,” which also includes complex opinion work drafting freedom-to-operate (FTO) and invalidity opinions, allows her to counsel clients at all stages in the development of their intellectual property portfolios.
Ms. Weisbruch has represented clients in all phases of patent litigation, and has had significant trial experience in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and the United States Court of Federal Claims. Ms. Weisbruch has also represented clients in post-grant proceedings before the United States Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB). She has experience with all aspects of patent prosecution including drafting and prosecuting patent and trademark applications for clients in a variety of industrial sectors, examiner interviews, petitions and appeals.
- Member, Court of Federal Claims Bar Association
- Member, Court of Federal Claims Bar Association.
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Owners Association