Bobby Chipman is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Bobby’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, venture capital, partnerships, and reorganizations, as well as daily corporate governance and counsel.
Bobby has extensive experience in advising clients and executing deals in the entertainment, media, apparel, beauty, sports, and healthcare industries.
Professional and Educational Background
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Bobby spent over two years as an associate in the corporate group of a premiere national law firm, where he focused his practice on mergers and acquisitions and venture capital in a range of industries.
Bobby is a Certified Public Accountant licensed to practice in Missouri. While in law school, he received CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Legal Analysis, Research, and Writing (LARW) I; LARW II; Taxation of Individual Income; Taxation of Business Enterprises; Tax Policy Seminar; Taxation by State and Local Governments; Health Care Law and Policy; and Energy Regulation. Bobby was also awarded Student-Athlete of the Year while playing basketball as an undergraduate at Washburn University.
Selected Representative Media and Entertainment Matters Include:
- Representation of ICM Partners in connection with the sale of a minority equity interest to Crestview Partners.
- Representation of Lakeshore Entertainment in connection with the sale of its film library to Vine Alternative Investments.
- Representation of Sony Pictures Television in the sale of a majority interest in Crackle, Sony Pictures Television’s online video-on-demand (VOD) platform, to Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment and the creation of a new streaming video joint venture Crackle Plus.
- Representation of a media and entertainment public company in its cross-border acquisition of a Canadian online advertising company.
Selected Representative Fashion, Apparel and Beauty Matters Include:
- Represented national cosmetics company in its sale to an international beauty company.
- Represented performance textiles company in multiple rounds of financing, corporate restructuring, and licensing matters.
Selected Representative Sports and Miscellaneous Matters Include:
- Represented online gaming company in its eight figure sale to an international sports organization.
- Represented national juice manufacturing company in its strategic acquisition of a regional juice manufacturing company.
- Represented California engineering company in its sale to a public company competitor.
- Represented national dental service organization in its reorganization and sale to a national private equity firm.
- Represented private equity client in its cross-border acquisition of a Canadian railway industrial park.
Corporate & Securities Law Blog
- "Main Street Lending Program Summary," April 10, 2020
J.D., Washburn University School of Law, 2016, magna cum laude, Certificates in Business & Transactional Law, Tax Law; Washburn Law Journal; J.L. Weigand, Jr. Notre Dame Legal Education Trust Scholar
M.B.A., Washburn University, 2016, Emphasis in Business Law
B.B.A., Washburn University, 2013, magna cum laude