Bobby Chipman is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Bobby focuses on mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, venture capital, joint ventures, and reorganizations, as well as daily corporate governance and counsel. He advises clients and executes deals in the entertainment, media, sports, apparel and beauty industries.
Professional and Educational Background
Bobby is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
While in law school, he received CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Legal Analysis, Research, and Writing (LARW) I; LARW II; Taxation of Individual Income; Taxation of Business Enterprises; Tax Policy Seminar; Taxation by State and Local Governments; Health Care Law and Policy; and Energy Regulation.
Bobby was awarded Student-Athlete of the Year while playing basketball as an undergraduate at Washburn University and enjoys competing for Lawyer’s League Championships with Sheppard Mullin’s basketball team.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Bobby was an associate in the corporate group of a premiere national law firm, where he focused his practice on mergers and acquisitions.
Selected Representative Entertainment and Media Matters
- Representation of private equity firm in its acquisition of a music library that includes multiple hit country music records.
- Representation of ICM Partners in connection with the sale of a minority equity interest to Crestview Partners.
- Representation of Lakeshore Entertainment in connection with the sale of its film library to Vine Alternative Investments.
- Representation of Sony Pictures Television in the sale of a majority interest in Crackle, Sony Pictures Television’s online video-on-demand (VOD) platform, to Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment and the creation of a new streaming video joint venture Crackle Plus.
- Representation of a media and entertainment public company in its cross-border acquisition of a Canadian online advertising company.
Selected Representative Sports, Fashion, Beauty and Miscellaneous Matters
- Representation of ICM Partners in its acquisition of Stellar Group, a premier international sports agency.
- Representation of performance textiles company in multiple rounds of financing, corporate restructuring, and licensing matters.
- Representation of online gaming company in its eight figure sale to an international sports organization.
- Representation of national cosmetics company in its sale to an international beauty company.
- Representation of national juice manufacturing company in its strategic acquisition of a regional juice manufacturing company.
- Representation of private equity firm in its acquisition of an adventure park.
Corporate & Securities Law Blog
J.D., Washburn University School of Law, 2016, magna cum laude, Certificates in Business & Transactional Law, Tax Law; Washburn Law Journal; J.L. Weigand, Jr. Notre Dame Legal Education Trust Scholar
M.B.A., Washburn University, 2016, Emphasis in Business Law
B.B.A., Washburn University, 2013, magna cum laude