- J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 2008
- B.A., George Washington University, 2005
Bradley J. Leimkuhler is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Orange County office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Leimkuhler defends national restaurant chains, retail establishments, grocery stores and other businesses that serve the public in disability access discrimination claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act, California Unruh Civil Rights Act and related state laws. He represents clients in disability access matters involving construction-related architectural barriers, class action discrimination claims, website accessibility, mobile applications, point of sale devices and other new media. Mr. Leimkuhler also handles claims alleging discriminatory policies and procedures, including those concerning service animals, effective communication and event ticketing.
Mr. Leimkuhler has advised Ralph’s / Kroger’s Grocery Stores, Smart and Final, Live Nation/Ticketmaster, Dave & Busters, Regal Entertainment Group, Landmark Theaters, Pizza Hut, Domino’s Pizza, Intrawest, Home Depot, Automobile Club of Southern California, The Irvine Company and others concerning disability access claims.
Mr. Leimkuhler also has experience with state and federal complex civil litigation matters, including business torts, environmental issues, real property disputes, intellectual property, insurance coverage, class actions and white collar defense.
In addition, Mr. Leimkuhler has a dedicated pro bono practice. His work includes representing an environmental non-profit in a mandamus challenge before the California Court of Appeal and volunteering for the Public Law Center. In 2018, Mr. Leimkuhler was named a Sheppard Mullin Pro Bono all-star.
Mr. Leimkuhler received his J.D. from Columbia University School of Law, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and a member of the Columbia Business Law Review. He earned his B.A. in International Affairs, magna cum laude, from The George Washington University. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Leimkuhler was an associate at Irell & Manella LLP.
- New Disability Access Rules Will Take Effect Next MonthThe Daily Journal, December 27, 2016
- "New ADA Lawsuits Target Website Accessibility," Corporate Counsel, June 5, 2015
- "New Point-Of-Sale ADA Lawsuits," Hospitality Business News, April 21, 2015
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "Is Your Online Job Application Accessible To The Visually Impaired? The Newest Website Accessibility Claims," March 28, 2018
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "New Affordable Care Act and Medicaid Regulations Will Require Covered Entities Providing Healthcare Programs and Services to Have Accessible Websites," July 15, 2016