- LL.B./B.A., University of Auckland, 2012
- New York
- New South Wales (AUS)
- New Zealand
Bochan Kim is an associate in the Government Contracts, Investigations and International Trade Practice Group in the firm's New York office. Bochan is also barrister and solicitor of New South Wales, Australia and New Zealand.
Areas of Practice
Bochan represents major financial institutions and companies based in South Korea. Her practice encompasses bank regulatory issues, compliance, sanctions, internal investigations and white collar defense. Bochan also represents banks, companies and individuals in connection with investigation and inquiries by the Department of Justice, SEC, FINRA and New York Attorney General’s and District Attorney’s Offices.
Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Blog Posts
- "New York’s Department of Financial Services: the Self-Styled 'Regulator of the Future'," September 27, 2019
- "Feds Focus on Individuals in Evaluating Corporate Compliance Programs," May 29, 2019
- "More Opportunities On the Horizon for Small Businesses Seeking to Sell Cloud Computing to the Government," February 27, 2019
- "New York Federal Court’s View on Cryptocurrency as Securities," September 26, 2018
- "Hello, Newman. A Second Circuit Panel Revives U.S. v. Newman’s Personal Benefit Test, Maybe." July 31, 2018
- "South Korea Steps Up Oversight of Cryptocurrency Exchanges," March 30, 2018