Brian Kim is an associate in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Brian helps lenders, real estate investors and developers maximize their debt and equity real estate investments. He has significant experience representing clients with respect to the leasing, acquisition, development and disposition of office, retail, residential, senior housing, hospitality, industrial and mixed-use projects across the country.
Brian represents lenders and borrowers in lending transactions, including real estate acquisition financings, construction loans, loan assumptions, loan modifications and refinancings. He also represents national financial institutions in senior secured and unsecured credit facilities, cross-border financings and other leveraged finance and cash flow transactions.
- Represented a pension fund, as landlord, in connection with documenting and negotiating office, industrial and retail leases (ranging from 1,000 rentable square feet to 300,000 rentable square feet) across the country.
- Represented a municipal agency in connection with a 50,000 rentable square feet lease as one of the first tenants in the Old Post Office building in Chicago, Illinois.
- Represented a national bank, as agent, on a $1.5 billion asset based credit facility to a national toy manufacturer.
- Represented a national bank, as agent, on a $125 million term and revolving facility to finance a company’s ESOP restructuring efforts.
- Represented a national bank, as agent, on a $1.0 billion unsecured term and revolving facility to a publicly traded REIT.
- Represented a sponsor in its $1.3 billion acquisition of an international hotel and resort operator.
- Represented an international hotel operator with respect to its hotel management agreements, marketing license agreements and technical services agreements.
- Represented a private equity firm on the structuring of a joint venture to create an investment program for the development of multiple self-storage facilities in the New York City metropolitan area.
- Represented a family office in the acquisition and financing of a tenant-in-common interest of a Class A office building in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Represented numerous family offices and private equity firms in the acquisition and financings of multiple Class A office and multifamily properties, medical office buildings and hospitality assets
2016 Florence Project’s Child Pro Bono Attorney of the Year
J.D., University of North Carolina, 2014
B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2009