- J.D., The George Washington University, Law School, 2016, with honors
- B.A., The George Washington University, 2012, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
Chidera Anyanwu is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Anyanwu has a range of intellectual property experience, including trademark litigation and prosecution, and copyright, trademark, and unfair competition counseling. She has represented clients in a number of industries, including travel, music, clothing, manufacturing and distribution of ice cream, beverages, and content streaming technology. She has also counseled clients on the provisions of the Visual Artists Rights Act.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Anyanwu worked on copyright matters at NBC Universal Media, LLC and on trademark matters at the Council of Better Business Bureaus.
Ms. Anyanwu currently sits on the Board of Directors for the Greater Washington Area Chapter, Women Lawyers Division of the National Bar Association. She is the Board’s Law Firm and Corporate Counsel Chair.
- NDA Tips, Traps and Pitfalls: Best Practices Avoid Common ErrorsThe Recorder, April 11, 2018
Intellectual Property Law Blog Posts
- "Florida Now Follows New York to Find No Common Law Public Performance Right For Pre-1972 Sound Recordings," October 27, 2017
- "The Southern District of New York Finds “Work Made For Hire” Under Italian Copyright Law," October 23, 2017
- "Eleventh Circuit Joins Split Court Decisions on Registration Precondition for Copyright Suits," June 5, 2017
- "New York Court of Appeals Says No Common Law Public Performance Right For Pre-1972 Sound Recordings," January 3, 2017
Fashion and Apparel Law Blog Posts
- Cloud Computing Legal Deskbook2018