- J.D., The George Washington University, Law School, 2016, with honors
- B.A., The George Washington University, 2012, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
Chidera Anyanwu is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. She also assists the Labor and Employment Practice Group.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Anyanwu has a range of intellectual property experience, including trademark litigation and prosecution, and copyright, trademark, and unfair competition counseling. She has represented clients in a number of industries, including travel, music, clothing, manufacturing and distribution of ice cream, beverages, and content streaming technology. She has also counseled clients on the provisions of the Visual Artists Rights Act.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Anyanwu worked on copyright matters at NBC Universal Media, LLC and on trademark matters at the Council of Better Business Bureaus.
Ms. Anyanwu currently sits on the Board of Directors for the Greater Washington Area Chapter, Women Lawyers Division of the National Bar Association. She is the Board’s Law Firm and Corporate Counsel Chair.
Intellectual Property Law Blog Posts
- "Eleventh Circuit Joins Split Court Decisions on Registration Precondition for Copyright Suits," June 5, 2017
- "New York Court of Appeals Says No Common Law Public Performance Right For Pre-1972 Sound Recordings," January 3, 2017
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "D.C. Council Passes Expansive Family and Medical Leave Bill," December 23, 2016