Litigation Support Specialist
|Date posted||November 9, 2017|
The Litigation Support Specialist participates as a member of the firm’s Litigation Support department. This role assists attorneys, paralegals and the other Litigation Support team members by playing a fundamental role in the work required to support the firm's clients. This hands-on position provides e-discovery consulting and technology support to case teams, including vendor management, database management, e-discovery project management and training. This position is primarily located in Century City with limited travel to the downtown Los Angeles office. The position reports to the Litigation Support Manager and the Century City Office Administrator.
- Work with case teams and Litigation Support team members to assess and support technology needs throughout all stages of the litigation or government investigation process. Responsible for the advanced technical and project management aspects of discovery, including the stages outlined in the Electronic Discovery Reference Model.
- Knowledge of Federal and State e-discovery laws/rules to guide attorneys through discovery process. Knowledge of foreign country data privacy laws is a plus.
- Coordinates with case teams to select, communicate with and manage outside vendors for electronic discovery projects.
- Maintain tracking logs for data received and loaded to review platform(s), as well as data produced by opposing counsel and third parties.
- Is familiar with litigation support specific applications such as Relativity, TextMap, CaseMap, IPRO and others as well as productivity tools such as Microsoft Access, Excel, Adobe, Outlook, editing and conversion tools.
- Prepare e-discovery budget in connection with data collection, data processing, data hosting and billable hours for attorneys.
- Build relational databases using Relativity, TextMap and CaseMap and other applications.
- Assists with advanced review workflows, analytics, database searches and with quality control on the data set for production.
- Maintain open communication and close interaction with attorneys, paralegals and case teams as necessary.
- Provides training on the use of litigation support tools and the services provided by the team.
- Stays abreast of new e-discovery technologies by interviewing service providers, reading trade publications and evaluating software.
- Five years of litigation support experience.
- Proficient in Relativity, TextMap, CaseMap, IPRO
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required to resolve complex issues using technology.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Availability for overtime and flexibility for travel.
Salary is commensurate with skill level and experience. Competitive benefits package including health & dental, parking/commuting allowance and 401K plan.
To apply for the position, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary history & requirements at email@example.com.
Excellent benefits package. EOE.