Real Estate / Land Use Secretary
|Date posted||November 10, 2017|
The Downtown San Diego office of Sheppard Mullin is seeking a Real Estate/Land Use Secretary with experience in both litigation and transactional land use matters. Ideal candidate will have excellent technical, organizational and administrative skills as well as strong interpersonal relationship skills. This person should be able to work under pressure, remain flexible, be proactive, resourceful and efficient. Candidate must be able to handle multiple projects and changing priorities on busy 4/5-on-1 desk assignments. Familiarity with federal, state and local permitting processes, and knowledge of state planning and zoning law is beneficial. Experience dealing with public agencies, knowledge of local politics, CEQA, NEPA, Coastal Act, Clean Water Act and/or endangered species laws is also helpful. Hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with the ability to work some overtime.
- Format, input, edit, retrieve, copy, scan, and transmit legal documents
- Prepare pleadings and discovery documents for filing and service
- Navigate public agency websites to locate documents
- Utilize docketing/calendaring department to track court and filing deadlines
- Manage Outlook calendar of all appointments, conferences and meetings
- Daily review and prioritization of client correspondence and communications
- Schedule conference calls and on-site/off-site meetings
- Arrange and coordinate travel arrangements
- Maintain client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential
Proficiency in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Suite 2016, experience working with a document management system, advanced working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Judicial Council Forms, and a typing speed of 75+ wpm. Excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, oral/written communication skills are required. Candidate must have the ability to learn new skills and systems quickly.