Digital Resources and Research Specialist
|Date posted||December 13, 2018|
The Los Angeles office of Sheppard Mullin is looking to fill the position of Digital Resources and Research Specialist to manage the collection of online legal resources and to provide research and reference services to over 800 attorneys on three continents. The Digital Resources and Research Specialist has primary responsibility for managing all aspects of library online databases, content management systems, related cost recovery software, integrated library software, SharePoint pages, and other related electronic services. You will teach attorneys, paralegals, and other members of the support staff the cost effective use of online legal research resources.
As an information professional team member, you are responsible for providing general reference/research assistance and support Sheppard Mullin's commitment to client success. You oversee the lifecycle of the library's eResources: vetting, testing, implementation, troubleshooting, and customizing for the best user experience. The Digital Resources and Research Specialist provides analysis of the use and performance of resources through data collection and data analysis in conjunction with other members of the team of information professionals. Members of the team are to provides proactive, user-centered reference assistance in-person and via email, online chat, phone, or other means. You are also responsible for maintaining membership and participation in information professional organizations as appropriate and as a means to remain current within the field.
- MLS/MLIS or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited institution
- Experience with electronic resources, including online databases such as Lexis, Westlaw, BloombergLaw, Cheetah, etc.; custom software, and web based programming.
- Proficient use of the tools in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality service.
- Second subject master's degree or earned doctorate
- Law firm library experience specifically reference and instruction experience
- Skills appropriate for the analysis of the use and performance of resources through data collection
- Practical knowledge and experience of HTML, Java Script, or other scripting languages
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and creatively in a rapidly changing environment
Please send resume with salary requirements to CS.LA@sheppardmullin.com.
Principals only. EOE.