Mid-Level Trademark, Copyright and Trade Secret Business Litigation Associate Attorney
|Contact person||Brittany Olson|
|Date posted||September 4, 2019|
Our Century City office is seeking a mid-level Business Litigation Associate with a solid background in Trademark, Copyright and Trade Secret litigation. The attorney must already be admitted in California with considerable experience in:
- Litigating trademark, copyright and trade secret cases
- Writing motion papers
- Client interaction
The attorney should also have:
- A very strong work ethic and the desire to work with a very busy group of attorneys. The ability to handle multiple matters simultaneously are a must.
- Excellent research skills coupled with a smart and resourceful personality and good judgment.
- Outstanding advocacy, writing and analytical skills.
- The ability to look at an issue from different and novel angles when needed.
- Strong academic credentials from a top 30 law school. We prefer an associate from a large firm or intellectual property boutique. Candidate should have high grades from a nationally ranked law school and already be admitted in California.
Helpful but not required:
- A technical background
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Korean
- Experience in:
- litigating false advertising and related consumer-protection claims in class actions in state and federal court
- litigating cases before the TTAB, including arguing motions and hearings in court and/or in front of the TTAB
- prosecuting trademarks before the USPTO
- internet domain name disputes under the UDRP as established by ICANN
- arguing motions, taking and defending depositions, trial preparation, going to trial.
Candidates who have the above experience and qualities should email their resume, law school transcript and a cover letter to Brittany Olson (BOlson@sheppardmullin.com). Please begin your Subject line with: CC Mid-Level Litigation Associate. Legal Search firms should also begin their Subject line with CC Mid-Level Litigation Associate and confirm that they have signed our current fee agreement in advance of sending any identified candidates.