- J.D., Southern Methodist University, 2008, cum laude
- B.A., Aurora University, 2004, summa cum laude
- United States District Court Admitted in the Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts
Carolyn R. Benson is a partner in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm's Dallas office.
Areas of Practice
Carolyn has extensive experience in real property acquisitions, leasing and sales on a national and local basis. Carolyn:
- Represents CMBS Trusts, Special Servicers, SBA Lenders/Servicers, and financial institutions in REO transactions
- Represents clients in the disposition of industrial, retail, office, multi-family, hotel, resort, condominium, c-store, mobile home portfolios, self-storage facilities and mixed-use projects.
- Represents clients in single and portfolio dispositions for distressed assets transactions
- Coordinates receiverships of commercial real estate assets leading to control, recovery and liquidation of collateral for the benefit of the Noteholders.
- Represents landlords and tenants in lease transactions involving office, research and development, retail and industrial space.
- Investigator, United States Investigator Services, 2004-2005
- Top 50 Lawyers, Texas Diversity Council, 2018
Real Estate, Land Use, & Environmental Law Blog Posts
- The Deal, April 20, 2018
- Law360, April 16, 2018
- The Texas Lawbook, April 16, 2018
- Texas Lawyer, April 16, 2018
- William M. “Mac” Taylor American Inn of Court
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation