- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2006
- B.A., Dartmouth College, 2000
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Central, and Eastern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
Corinne K. Hays is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Corinne represents and counsels employers in all aspects of employment and labor law in the single plaintiff and class action contexts, including:
- Discrimination, retaliation and harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Wage and hour
- Unfair labor practice proceedings
- Representation elections and campaigns
Corinne practices before state and federal courts, as well as before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the California Department of Labor and Standards Enforcement, the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights, and the National Labor Relations Board. She counsels employers on human resources issues including:
- Reviewing and drafting employer policies, handbooks, and severance agreements
- Discrimination and harassment prevention training
- Harassment and/or discrimination complaint procedures
- Social media
- Hiring and termination
- Compensation and classification of employees
Corinne regularly conducts compliance training sessions for employers, including numerous Harassment and Discrimination prevention trainings for management level employees. Corinne has advised and represented a wide range of clients, including small family operated businesses, restaurants, medical practice groups, national and local retail establishments, and transportation companies.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Corinne successfully practiced labor and employment law defending employers at different firms throughout the country.
Labor and Employment Law Blog