Claire Le Tollec is a Legal Consultant in the Governmental Practice in the firm’s Brussels office.
Areas of Practice
Claire’s practice focuses on international trade issues relating to export controls and sanctions. She participates in compliance counseling and investigations in the areas of export controls, economic sanctions under the U.S. and EU regimes.
With her competition law background (Master’s degree in French and E.U. law in competition law), Claire is also advising on competition matters, which gives her an extended overview of business law problematics.
- Advised international companies in various sectors (telecommunication, software industries) regarding the sanctions against Russia
- Advised an Indian technology company on their compliance with the U.S. export control regulations
- Advised a social media company on their compliance with the U.S. export control regulations on encryptions
- Advised on various competition law issues
Global Trade Law Blog Posts
- "Friday Development: New Sanctions and Export Controls to Address Russia’s Ongoing Aggression in Ukraine (Including the use of Iranian UAVs)," February 27, 2023
- "Tightening the Cordon – U.S. Restricts Licensing Policy and Adds Allies to Technology Controls," February 8, 2023
- "The New Containment: How the Semiconductor Industry Came to Be at the Heart of the Technological Cold War," December 21, 2022
- "Myanmar Sanctions – A Last Resort Against a Non-Cooperating Country," October 21, 2022
- "U.S. and Allies Impose Additional Russia Sanctions After Sham Annexations," October 6, 2022
- "First-Ever Executive Order on CFIUS Highlights Biden’s National Security Priorities," September 20, 2022
- "Reverse CFIUS? S∩IℲƆ? New outbound investment review process becoming more likely," July 7, 2022
- "Is the U.S. solar industry ready to prove its panels aren’t made with Uyghur forced labor?," June 28, 2022
- "Introduction of internet-related Russia trade sanctions in the UK," June 9, 2022
- "U.S. and Allies Impose Additional Severe Costs on Russia for Atrocities in Ukraine," April 12, 2022
Master’s degree, Université Catholique de Lille, 2022
LL.B, Université Catholique de Lille, 2020