Chelsea Staskiewicz is an associate on the Privacy & Cybersecurity and Securities Enforcement and Litigation teams. She is also a member of the Blockchain and Fintech Team.
Areas of Practice
Chelsea provides legal and compliance advice on cybersecurity and data privacy matters. Her experience includes all aspects of privacy compliance, cyber incident response, privacy notices, data mapping, information security programs, and vendor management.
As an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group, Chelsea assists clients’ employee data management needs, including employee privacy, acceptable use and social media use policies, and data loss prevention.
Chelsea also supports the Securities Enforcement and Litigation team on all things cyber. While in law school she was selected for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s Honors Intern Program and clerked for the Cyber Unit in the Division of Enforcement.
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts
Labor and Employment Law Blog
- "EEOC Takes a Shot at COVID-19: Unvaccinated Employees Can be Excluded From the Workplace," December 18, 2020
- "Riding the Privacy Wave: California Privacy Rights Act & Its Impact on Employers," November 6, 2020
- "The Heart of Employee Rights Under CCPA: Attorney General Modifies Guidance," February 13, 2020
Privacy Law Blog Posts
- "Navigating the New Normal: What Employers Need to Know Now About COVID-19 in the Workplace," San Diego County Employer Advisory Council Webinar, April 22, 2021
- "The Art of Sound Boarding," Virtual Lunch with Leaders, San Diego Paralegal Association, April 30, 2021
Women in eDiscovery San Diego – Board of Directors
J.D., California Western School of Law, 2020, magna cum laude; California Western Law Review
B.A., Pennsylvania State University, 2016
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Jill L. Burkhardt, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California