Cynthia Suarez is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's New York office and a member of the Healthcare Team.
Areas of Practice
Cynthia advises healthcare organizations on a wide range of healthcare regulatory, compliance, and transactional matters, including in connection with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and operational matters. Her clients include private equity firms, management services organizations, healthcare systems, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers, health care technology companies, physician groups, home health providers, and other healthcare companies.
Cynthia brings a wide breadth of healthcare industry knowledge from her experience with state and federal laws and regulations, including the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute, compliance with privacy and security matters, including HIPAA, corporate practice of medicine, licensure, change of ownership and Medicare and Medicaid enrollment. She also has a particular focus in digital health and telehealth and telemedicine regulations.
- Law360, 07.18.2023
- Chicago Medicine Magazine , 04.2023
- Law360, 06.03.2022
FDA Law Update Blog Posts
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "CMS Announces Changes to ACO REACH Model," September 11, 2023
- "DOJ Releases Guidance on Evaluation of Corporate Compliance Program Concerning Compensation and Employee Use of Personal Devices and Personal Messaging Applications," March 21, 2023
- "ChatGPT And Healthcare Privacy Risks," March 8, 2023
- "CMS Suspends Vaccine Mandate Enforcement for Healthcare Workers," December 10, 2021