- J.D., University of Chicago, 1997
- B.A., Yale University, 1992
Chelo Carter is a special counsel in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm's Dallas office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Carter has extensive experience in delivering legal solutions in the areas of commercial real estate, lending and structured finance and hospitality on a national and local basis. Ms. Carter:.
- Represents CMBS Trusts and Special Servicers in workout and REO transactions.
- Represents lenders and borrowers in originating and servicing secured transactions.
- Represents buyers and sellers in the acquisition and disposition of industrial, retail, office, multi-family, hotel and resort, and mixed-used projects.
- Represents lenders and servicers in single and portfolio dispositions of distressed assets.
- Represents hospitality companies in acquisitions and dispositions of individual and portfolio transactions
- Represents landlords and tenants in lease transactions involving office, research and industrial space.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Real Property Law Section, Dallas Bar Association