- J.D., George Mason University School of Law, cum laude, George Mason Law Review
- B.A., University of Virginia (graduated with high honors)
Daniel Masakayan is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Daniel's practice focuses on labor and employment counseling, particularly regarding compliance with ERISA. He assists companies in drafting employment, severance, non-competition, and non-solicitation agreements, as well as other employment policies, in compliance with state and federal law.
Daniel is also a member of the eSports team, assisting companies in ensuring compliance with sport gambling laws and loot box jurisprudence.
Daniel served as a judicial intern to Hon. Gerald Bruce Lee (Ret.) in the Eastern District of Virginia.
- The Unconscious Discrimination Paradox: How Explaining Title VII To Incorporate Implicit Bias Cannot Solve The Issues Posed By Unconscious DiscriminationGeorge Mason Law Review, October 25, 2018
Labor and Employment Law Blog
- "OFCCP Issues Contractor Friendly Directives That Aim to Streamline Investigative Processes and Decrease Contractor Guesswork," December 20, 2018
Law of the Level Blog
- "Unpacking Recent Loot Box Updates," February 28, 2018