Daniel Muniz is an attorney in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Daniel specializes in intellectual property matters, with an emphasis in patent prosecution and litigation. He has handled intellectual property matters involving a wide range of industries and technologies, including aerospace, biotechnology, computers and software, consumer goods, electronics, entertainment, gaming, lighting, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, semiconductors, sports products, and telecommunications.
- Patent prosecution, including client interviews, drafting and preparing U.S. and foreign patent applications, office action responses, and appeal briefs.
- Due diligence reviews and strategic planning, including analyzing patents, prosecution histories, and prior art references to develop product workarounds and freedom-to-operate, non-infringement, invalidity, and unenforceability positions.
- Patent litigation, including managing electronic discovery efforts, working with expert witnesses to draft invalidity and non-infringement reports, drafting claim construction briefs and motions for summary judgment, and pre-trial preparations.
J.D., Tulane University, 2005, cum laude
B.S., Biomedical Engineering, University of California, San Diego, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- California Federal Courts
- California State Courts