- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2018, magna cum laude
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of California, San Diego, 2015
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Emilio Cazares is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Emilio leverages his technical background, legal skills, and creative problem solving to deliver business-minded solutions. His intellectual property practice includes patent litigation, patent prosecution, trademarks, IP analysis, and counseling. His litigation experience includes non-infringement and invalidity analysis, strategic discovery, analysis of FRAND licensing issues, and trial support, in district courts across the country as well as before the International Trade Commission (ITC). Emilio has served clients innovating in a diverse range of technologies, including blockchain, telecommunications, computer software, medical devices, and "internet of things" (IoT).
In addition to his IP practice, Emilio provides analysis, advice, and counseling related to blockchain solutions in various industries. He has advised clients exploring stablecoin offerings, ledger analytics, and DApp solutions, including providing technical and legal insight into securities and financial compliance issues. Emilio is a firm believer in the potential of decentralized business solutions, and is familiar with both the technological and legal issues that are implicated by this disruptive and often misunderstood technology. He co-founded the San Diego Blockchain Forum, an educational organization exploring the intersection between blockchain technology, law, economics, and culture.
- Intellectual Property in the Cannabis Industry – Protecting Innovations and Products, Parts I and IICannabis Business Executive, December 2019
Eye on Privacy Blog Posts
- December 12, 2019
- Co-Chair, San Diego Blockchain Group, Institute of Electrical and Organizer, San Diego Blockchain Forum