- J.D., University of California, Hastings, 2014, magna cum laude, Thurston Society
- M.Ed., University of Hawaii at Manoa, 2008
- B.A., Stanford University, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Eric DiIulio is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Dilulio is passionate about privacy and focuses his practice on litigating privacy disputes (including Song Beverly and TCPA cases) and counseling clients regarding data collection and processing issues. He is a Certified Information Privacy Professional and a member of the Firm’s GDPR Compliance team.
Mr. DiIulio also has substantial experience defending consumer class actions alleging violations of false advertising and unfair competition laws, litigating construction disputes, and advising developers in connection with multi-million dollar construction projects, including drafting, revising, and negotiating AIA documents.
Mr. DiIulio is a member of the Firm’s Pro Bono Committee and an active participant in pro bono. He is currently representing an anonymous donor to a crowd-funding campaign in a case alleging that a subpoena that sought “any and all information” pertaining to the campaign (including personal identification information of the anonymous donor) violated the donor’s First Amendment rights to speak and associate anonymously, the Stored Communications Act, and the right to privacy enumerated in the California Constitution.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. DiIulio earned his J.D. from U.C. Hastings, where he won awards with the Moot Court team and participated in the Civil Justice Clinic. Mr. DiIulio earned his B.A. in International Relations from Stanford University, where he was a member of the 4-time Pac-10 champion varsity swim team and Olympic Trials qualifier. Prior to attending law school, Mr. DiIulio was a high school math teacher through Teach for America in Waipahu, Hawaii.
When not working or chasing around his two young daughters, Mr. DiIulio enjoys surfing, spearfishing/abalone diving, and bicycling.
- American Bar Association, May 2016
Eye on Privacy Blog Posts
- "Global Body Issues Guidance for Autonomous and Connected Vehicles," October 26, 2017
- "No Protection for Network Marketing Provider That Had Knowledge and Authority to Control Deceptive Conduct of Affiliates," October 14, 2016
Class Action Defense Strategy Blog Posts
- Certified Information Privacy Professional, U.S. private sector (CIPP/US)
- State Bar of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers