Elizabeth Thompson is special counsel in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s Del Mar office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Thompson focuses her practice on corporate and real estate law, with an emphasis on both corporate and real property acquisitions and financings, the formation and representation of real estate investment funds, and the negotiation and structuring of complex joint ventures. Ms. Thompson also has broad experience representing publicly- and privately-held clients in general business matters, including capital raising, debt issuance, corporate governance, equity compensation, investor relations, commercial contracts and business combination transactions.
Ms. Thompson offers a unique perspective gained from practicing law in-house for clients ranging in size from a start-up to a publicly-traded company. She most recently served as General Counsel to a holding company with interests in the manufacture and distribution of craft beverages. Ms. Thompson also previously served as Corporate Counsel to BioMed Realty Trust, Inc., a real estate investment trust which was listed on the New York Stock Exchange during her tenure there.
San Diego Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2023
- Law360, 04.24.2015
Venture Law Blog Posts
- Assistant Professor, Deals, University of San Diego School of Law
- Sheppard Mullin Represents Diodes in Its $400 Million Acquisition of Pericom SemiconductorCorporate Counsel, 09.04.2015
- Law360, 09.03.2015
Executive Committee, Association for Corporate Growth – ACG NextGen – San Diego Chapter
Member, San Diego County Bar Association
Member, State Bar of California
- Commercial Lending and Financial Transactions
- Real Estate, Energy, Land Use & Environmental
J.D., University of San Diego, 2011; magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Associate Editor of San Diego Law Review; Academic achievement scholarship recipient; CALI Award for Excellence in multiple subjects
B.S., Saint Mary's College of California, 2008
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Marilyn L. Huff, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California