Advanced Forum on Telehealth
ACI is pleased to announce its Advanced Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Forum on Telehealth taking place in New York City this November.
As we enter this post-pandemic era, there is every indication that telehealth, telemedicine and digital health will continue to grow. As a result, key stakeholders, including health care providers, telehealth companies, digital health platform providers and practitioners are shifting their focus to the operational, legal, and compliance considerations associated with long term telehealth adoption.
As agencies such as the DEA, FDA, HHS, CMS, Office of Civil Rights and others are continuing to redefine what telehealth looks like in the post pandemic era, companies and their counsel are in need of an in-depth understanding of the full regulatory framework governing telehealth services, agreements and operations.
Join us this November for two days of comprehensive panel discussions and strategy sessions which will equip you with the tools needed to thrive in the rapidly evolving telehealth industry while navigating critical compliance pain points.
Sheppard Mullin Partner, Carolyn Metnick, will speak on the following panel:
Spotlight on Cybersecurity: Navigating the Data Privacy and Protection Landmines that Plague Telehealth
- Addressing the increased enforcement focus of HHS and OCR on telehealth and protected health information
- Wearables and tracking technologies in telehealth: understanding the inherent data privacy compliance risks
- Examining FTC’s recent enforcement measures to prevent the collection and monetization of sensitive information through conduct exploiting locations, health data, and other private information
- Understanding the DOJ’s use of the False Claims Act to enforce cybersecurity flaws
- Assessing the cybersecurity risks associated with telehealth provider use of supply chains and third-party vendors
- What policies, practices and protocols should telehealth providers be implementing in order to protect confidential information?
- Navigating compliance with varying state data privacy laws
- Analyzing cross-border challenges to data and privacy
For more information, please click here.