- J.D., Vanderbilt Law School, 1970, Order of Coif, Articles Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 1967
Finley L. Taylor is Of Counsel in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Orange County office. Mr. Taylor is also the former Administrative Partner of that office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Taylor's practice emphasizes all areas of business litigation, including business torts/contracts, construction (defects and design), insurance coverage disputes, lender liability, products liability and real estate.
Mr. Taylor has been involved in all aspects of civil litigation from inception through conclusion, including arbitration, complex settlements, trial (jury and court), and appeal. He has conducted numerous depositions, document productions, and pre-trial motions. He has also been involved in numerous matters concerning provisional remedies, including writs of attachment, claim and delivery, appointment of receivers, and injunctive relief.
DVI, Inc. v. Superior Court, 104 Cal.App.4th 1080 (2002)
MacGregor Yacht Corporation v. State Compensation Insurance Fund, 63 Cal.App.4th 448 (1998)
P.W. Stephens, Inc. v. State Fund, 21 Cal.App.4th 1833 (1994)
Courtesy Ambulance v. State Fund, 8 Cal.App.4th 1504 (1992)
Aurora Mobil Homes v. G.E.C.C., 37 Cal.App.3d 1016 (1974)
- Lorman Education Services Panelist – Business and Professions Code Section 17200 Seminar, 2003
- Orange County Bar Association Panelist – Section 17200 Business and Professions Code, 2002
- Board of Directors, Orange County Bar Association, 2000-2002
- Member, Litigation Section, Subcommittee - Discovery and Commercial Transaction, American Bar Association
- Member, Law Office Management Section, Orange County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Constitutional Rights Foundation
- Judge Pro Tem, Orange County Municipal Court
- Board of Directors, Federal Bar Association, 1989-1990
- Master, Peter M. Elliot Inns of Court, 1989-1991