Foreign Language Bio
- LLM, New York University School of Law
- Visiting Scholar, Moritz College of Law, The Ohio State University
- Juris Master, Kenneth Wang Law School, Soochow University, China
- B.A, Shanghai International Studies University, China
Gary Li is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Shanghai office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Li practices in the areas of private equity, mergers and acquisitions, foreign direct investment, and fund formation. He has represented both international and Chinese clients in various projects, including their onshore and offshore PE investment, cross-border M&A, establishment of Joint Venture of China. Mr. Li has particular experience in the TMT, healthcare, infrastructure and food & drugs industries.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Mr. Li worked in a leading Chinese law firm and international firm.
- Represented a venture capital fund in its Series A investment in a China based medical device company.
- Represented a Singapore listed company in its RMB200 million acquisition of a Chinese manufacturing company.
- Represented a US listed company in its USD1.5 billion note offering listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
- Represented a China based online media company in a USD420 million acquisition.
- Represented a private equity in its Series C investment in a US chemical manufacturer.
- Assisted a Chinese company in its USD 500 million initial public offering in Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Represented a US game company, as plaintiff, in a copyright infringement dispute against a Chinese theme park.
- Represented a Chinese company, as defendant, in a business secret infringement dispute worth RMB70 million against a US listed company.
- Between Two Involving Regulatory Systems: Importing US-Made Foods into China, Update of Food and Drug Law, Regulation and Education, February 2015.