Hope Harriman is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Chicago office.
Areas of Practice
Hope’s practice includes a broad range of employment litigation, employment counseling, and business and privacy litigation.
Hope regularly defends clients across multiple industries in Title VII, ADA, and ADEA litigation in front of the EEOC and state and federal courts. She manages workplace investigations into alleged misconduct, particularly related to events that pose a possible litigation risk for clients. She has broad experience representing clients in complex class action litigation, wage and hour disputes, and breach of restrictive covenant and trade secret misappropriation claims. Hope also provides advice and counseling to clients on various employment matters, including paid leave, employee handbooks, employment and restrictive covenant agreements, hiring, and terminations. She also conducts pay equity audits for clients and provides them with accompanying advice and counseling on their pay equity practices.
Hope also represents clients in a wide-range of business and privacy litigation matters, with a specific focus on the Illinois Biometric Information and Privacy Act.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Hope worked as a Project Manager for an HR-related consulting group in Chicago.
- Regulating Restorative Justice: What Arbitration Teaches Us About Regulating the Restorative Process in Criminal CourtsThe Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
Cannabis Law Blog Posts
- "What Do I Do With My Workplace Drug Policy Now That Cannabis Is Legal in Illinois and My Employees Are Remote?," July 28, 2021
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "Chicago’s Paid Leave and Paid Sick and Safe Leave Ordinance Ushers in Some of the Nation’s Most Generous Employee Leave Entitlements," November 21, 2023
- "What Does Affirmative Action’s Death Knell Mean for Employers?," July 12, 2023
- "Time to Update Your Policies: Illinois Passes Sweeping Paid Leave Legislation," February 22, 2023
J.D., Georgetown University. 2022, Symposium Editor, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
B.A., University of Chicago, 2018, with honors
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois