- J.D., University of North Carolina, 2013, with honors, Articles Editor, North Carolina Law Review
- B.A., University of Maryland, 2008
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Margaret A. Ryan
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Kevin A Ohlson, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- North Carolina
- District of Columbia
Heather L. Petrovich is an associate in the Government Contracts, Investigations and International Trade Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Ms. Petrovich’s experience includes representing government and commercial contractors in a variety of litigation matters, including federal and state False Claims Act actions, bid protests and interventions before the United States Court of Federal Claims and the Government Accountability Office, claims litigation before the boards of contract appeals, and commercial contractor disputes.
Ms. Petrovich has been involved in internal investigations for various clients regarding a variety of compliance issues. Her experience also includes counseling and advising clients on a wide range of matters relating to small business regulations, mandatory disclosure, the Contract Disputes Act, Cost Accounting Standards, subcontract and teaming agreements, security clearance requirements, and Freedom of Information Act requests.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Petrovich served as a law clerk to the Honorable Margaret A. Ryan and the Honorable Kevin A. Ohlson of the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces. During law school, Ms. Petrovich served as Articles Editor for the North Carolina Law Review. She was also the recipient of the William T. Joyner Award for Excellence in Journal Writing and the Gressman-Pollitt Award for Outstanding Oral Advocacy.
False Claims Act Defense Blog Posts
- "DOJ Releases its 2016 False Claims Act Recovery Statistics," December 15, 2016
- Feds Hit With FOIA Suit For Tribal Leadership Dispute DocsLaw360, December 20, 2017