Sheppard Mullin’s Immigration practice combines the legal talents of a respected team and the resources of an AmLaw Global 100 law firm. Our immigration attorneys skillfully guide clients through the ever-increasing complex web of rules, policies and regulations governing U.S. immigration and global mobility. Sheppard Mullin’s multidisciplinary approach provides U.S. employers with comprehensive advice on immigration matters and the interplay between immigration and employment, tax, corporate and securities laws.
Transactional Support for U.S. Immigration
Sheppard Mullin’s Immigration practice spans the entire process from nonimmigrant visa through permanent residency and naturalization. We advise on the application for various non-immigrant visas for the employment of foreign nationals in the U.S.; applications for permanent resident status (“green cards”); labor certifications; and administrative matters before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), U.S. State Department (DOS), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We routinely advise on the following types of matters:
- Non Immigrant Visas: B-1 visitors, E-2 investors, E-3 professionals, F-1 students, H-1B professionals, J-1 interns and trainees, L-1 intra-company transfers, O-1 extraordinary ability, and many others.
- Permanent Residency: Applications for permanent resident status (“green cards”) including PERM Labor Certifications to prove a shortage of U.S. workers to the U.S. Department of Labor and I-140 immigrant petitions based on many categories.
- Investors: E-2 and EB-5 investors.
- Government Agency Work: Administrative matters before DHS, DOL, the State Department, and DOJ
- I-9 and E-Verify Policies and Systems: I-9 compliance issues, I-9 verification procedures, ICE audits, and government enforcement proceedings.
- U.S. News and Best Lawyers, 08.17.2023
- National Law Review, 12.20.2022
- U.S. News and Best Lawyers, 08.18.2022
Podcasts & Webinars
- Law360, 07.07.2023
- Daily Journal, 07.03.2023
- Legal ERA, 12.2020
- Today's General Counsel, Spring 2019
- Law360, 06.29.2018
- National Law Review, 11.28.2016
- 08.17.2023U.S. News and Best Lawyers
- 12.20.2022National Law Review
- 08.18.2022U.S. News and Best Lawyers