- Firm Expands Office with Litigation Attorney AdditionNovember 1, 2016
With the ability to prevent infringing products from being sold or imported into the US, coupled with the speed from start of investigation to decision, the International Trade Commission (ITC) has increasingly become a popular forum for the resolution of IP disputes.
Sheppard Mullin’s ITC practice is comprised of highly skilled and successful senior trial lawyers with years of experience managing fast paced litigation before the ITC. Having handled numerous ITC proceedings, Sheppard Mullin attorneys are uniquely positioned to respond to the special challenges of pursuing or defending a Section 337 complaint from filing through all necessary levels of appeal, as well as coordinating a global response.
Sheppard Mullin attorneys have litigated numerous patent, copyright, trademark and other disputes before the ITC on behalf of complainants and respondents for a wide range of industries and technologies including communications; electronics; fashion; information technology; medical devices; pharmaceuticals; semiconductor, telecommunications, and more. In addition, we have successfully represented clients simultaneously in multi-district cases in the ITC and district courts by relying on our deep bench of intellectual property litigators and strong appellate practice, including successfully handling ITC appeals before the Federal Circuit.
While our ITC Practice Chairs are based in California, Sheppard Mullin leverages experienced ITC attorneys from our Washington DC office who are intimately familiar with ITC procedures and routinely interface with attorneys from the Commission's Office of Unfair Import Investigations. We combine a deep bench of patent technical expertise with ITC litigation experience, and we staff ITC cases leanly and efficiently and excel in utilizing the resources of a large IP practice while providing cost-effective representation. Sheppard Mullin also has an International Practice with offices in Europe, China and Korea and can leverage efficiencies when dealing with non-US entities which is often the case in ITC matters.
Our attorneys breadth of experience in litigating intellectual property cases combined with considerable experience in international trade policy and practice, allows Sheppard Mullin to bring powerful resources to bear for our clients to secure an effective resolution.
- Laura Chapman, Stephen Korniczky, Jill Pietrini and Lorna Tanner Named Top Intellectual Property Attorneys by Daily JournalDaily Journal, April 18, 2018
- Managing Intellectual Property, June 13, 2017
Podcasts & Webinars
- Nota Bene Episode 12: My Two Cents: India’s Emergence, Corporate Reform, Import Injuries, Securities Regulations, and Platform Markets with host Michael P. A. CohenNovember 21, 2018
- Nota Bene Episode 9: Import Injuries and Private Trade War Remedies at the U.S. International Trade Commission with Economist Susan Henley ManningOctober 31, 2018
- Nota Bene Episode 5: The Brexit Deadline and Its Impacts on Multinational Businesses with Oliver HeinischOctober 3, 2018