- J.D., University of Southern California, 2014, Order of the Coif, Senior Submissions Editor, Southern California Law Review; Legal Writing Fellow
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 2009, cum laude
- Judicial Clerk to the Honorable John A. Kronstadt, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Extern to the Honorable Philip S. Gutierrez, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Julie Bauman is an associate in the Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Bauman’s practice focuses on representing corporations in government investigations, government enforcement actions, internal investigations, and white collar criminal investigations and litigation. She has advised clients regarding anti-corruption matters including FCPA defense, compliance, and due diligence. Ms. Bauman also has experience representing corporations in commercial litigation, including class actions.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Ms. Bauman clerked for the Honorable John A. Kronstadt, a federal district court judge for the Central District of California. In law school, Ms. Bauman externed for the Criminal Division of the United States Attorney’s Office as well as the Honorable Philip S. Gutierrez of the Central District of California. She was a Senior Submissions Editor of the University of Southern California Law Review and a Legal Writing Fellow. Prior to law school, Ms. Bauman was a management consultant for Booz Allen Hamilton, advising a Defense Department acquisition program.
False Claims Act Defense Blog Posts
- "Fifth Circuit: No Anti-Kickback Violation When Defendant Merely Hopes or Expects Referrals from Benefits Designed for Other Purposes," November 18, 2016
Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Blog Posts