Jarrett Reed is a partner in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm's Dallas office.
Areas of Practice
Jarrett's practice focuses on a wide range of transactions, including the acquisition and disposition of land and improved property, the acquisition and development of property, loan transactions for borrowers and lenders, loan workouts and modifications, the purchase and management of defaulted loan portfolios and foreclosures.
Jarrett also represents landlords and tenants in negotiating office, industrial and retail leases nationwide. He negotiates leases demising millions of square feet of office, industrial and retail space. Jarrett's clients include institutional investors and developers throughout various real estate product types including senior housing, multifamily, hospitality, retail, industrial and office.
Jarrett's previous work experience includes serving as the special projects coordinator, legislative correspondent and systems administrator for the Honorable William "Mac" Thornberry, U.S. Representative for District 13.
- Represented a publicly traded corporation in the acquisition and disposition of senior housing facilities across the U.S.
- Represented one of the largest dialysis providers in the U.S. in the leasing its facilities
- Represented health care REIT in the acquisition of skilled nursing facilities
- Represented a Japanese investor in the development of a multifamily project in Dallas, Texas
- Represented a client in the acquisition of self-storage facilities across the U.S.
- Represented a developer in the construction and subsequent leasing of a 700,000 square foot shopping center in the DFW Metroplex
- Represented an institutional investor in the acquisition and leasing of grocery anchored shopping centers throughout the U.S.
- Represented financial institutions regarding nonperforming loans, including the foreclosure of over 200 properties securing loans in Texas
- Represented a franchisee of a California-based fast casual dining restaurant in the acquisition, development and leasing of locations in Texas
- Represented special servicer following foreclosure in the management and leasing of shopping centers
Texas Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2012
- "Adaptive Reuse: The Recycling of Buildings," Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, June 2016
Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog Posts
- "Governor Abbott of Texas Issues New Order," April 1, 2020
"Dallas County Stay at Home Order March 22, 2020," March 23, 2020
- ICSC Law Conference Workshop Leader, 2018
- ICSC Law Conference Roundtable Leader, 2016
Chair, 2019; Vice-Chair, 2018; Secretary, 2017; Treasurer, 2016; Real Property Section, Dallas Bar Association
Member, State Bar of Texas
Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Member, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
Member, The Real Estate Council
Member, Habitat for Humanity
Member, DAYL Leadership Class
Co-Chair, DAYL Judicial Internship Committee