- Labor and Employment
- International Reach
- J.D., Santa Clara University, 2012, Honors Moot Court Board
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2009, highest distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
- Extern to Honorable John T. Noonan, Jr. at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
John-Paul S. Deol is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Deol represents employers in trade secret, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wage and hour matters in state and federal courts. He also counsels his clients on non-compete and non-solicitation agreements and compliance with state and federal employment laws.
Mr. Deol has significant experience representing clients in trade secrets matters pre-litigation and in litigation, including obtaining and defending against temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions. His clients have included online retailers, advertising companies, technology consulting businesses, and app developers. Mr. Deol has both prosecuted and defended against claims of misappropriation of trade secrets and related causes of action, including, but not limited to, breach of contract, unfair competition, breach of fiduciary duty, and violations of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. The trade secrets and confidential data with which Mr. Deol has experience include software code, customer data, and business plans and strategy.
- Daily Journal, February 13, 2017
- Daily Journal, February 1, 2017
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- Fall 2017 Seminar SeriesOctober 10, 2017
- From 2015 to 2016, Mr. Deol served on the Board of the South Asian Bar Association of Northern California. He is now Secretary of the Barristers’ Board of the Bar Association of San Francisco and an associate member of the Edward J. McFetridge American Inn of Court.