John Drdek is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego (Del Mar) Office.
Areas of Practice
John is an experienced commercial litigator, handling a broad range of high-stakes cases, including multi-million dollar contract disputes, labor and employment issues, and class action lawsuits. He plays an integral role in all stages of the litigation process, from fighting complaints and managing discovery issues, to arguing substantive motions and advocating at trial.
Before joining the firm, John prosecuted felony and misdemeanor matters as a law clerk in the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office.
Prior to attending Stanford Law School, John graduated from the School of Cinematic Arts at the University of Southern California and was a successful Hollywood producer and writer. Developing such projects as “Godzilla,” “Hawaii Five-0” and “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,” John worked with a wide variety of clients, establishing the “Clients First” approach he now takes into the legal profession.
John also serves as a Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve and deployed with Special Operations Joint Task Force to Afghanistan in 2012.
Lieutenant Commander, U.S. Navy Reserve
Member, San Diego County Bar Association
Member, National Eagle Scout Organization
Member, Mensa International
Member, Writers Guild of America West
Member, The American Legion, Post 416
J.D., Stanford Law School, 2016, Judge Thelton E. Henderson Prize for Outstanding Performance, Pro Bono Distinction Award
B.A., University of Southern California, 1998, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Golden Key, Dean's List
- Externship at U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California (the Honorable Cathy Ann Bencivengo)
- District Attorney Clerkship, Santa Clara County District Attorney
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California