- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, 2016, Business Law Certificate
- B.A., Emory University, 2013, Dean's List, Phi Beta Kappa
Jon R. Freedman is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Freedman has represented businesses and individuals in a variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, governance, entity formation, investments and joint ventures, as well as a variety of other transactions. He has worked with clients in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, technology, financial services, retail, construction, fashion, entertainment, healthcare, and defense. Mr. Freedman has experience with both buy-side and sell-side transactions, having represented a diverse mix of strategic acquirers, family-owned businesses, entrepreneurs, multinational corporations and private equity funds.
- Represented ICM Partners in the acquisition of Gestion Juste pour Rire Inc.
- Represented Bear Down Brands, LLC in the sale of its equity to Topspin Partners, LP
- Represented Hasa, Inc. in the acquisition of its stock by Peak Rock Capital LLC
- Represented Hanson Distributing Company in its leveraged recapitalization
- Represented Stearns Lending LLC in the purchase of assets of Primary Capital Mortgage, LLC
- Represented Stearns Lending LLC in the sale of its delegated correspondent lending business to Flagstar Bank, FSB
- Represented Bison Capital Partners in its investment in Miva, Inc.
- Represented Bison Capital Partners in structuring the financing and post-closing structure of its acquisition of Twin Med Holding Corporation
- Represented Lockwood Industries, Inc. (d/b/a Fralock) in the sale of a majority of its equity interests to private equity firm Arsenal Capital Partners
- Represented Comprehensive Eyecare in its sale to private equity fund Gauge Partners
- Represented Wpromote, LLC in the sale of 40% of its equity interests to Shamrock Capital Advisors
- Represented Larry Methvin Installations, Inc. in its stock sale to Patrick Industries, Inc.
- Winning the Gold: Why Venue Owners Need to Consider the Importance of Flexibility in Sponsorship AgreementsEvent LicensingThe Licensing Journal, August 2018
Covering Your Ads Blog Posts
- Winning the Gold: Why Venue Owners Need to Consider the Importance of Flexibility in Sponsorship AgreementsSports Facilities and the Law, April 2018