Jon Freedman is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Jon represents businesses and individuals in corporate matters that include mergers and acquisitions, governance, entity formation, investments and joint ventures, as well as a variety of other transactions. He has worked with clients in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, technology, financial services, retail, construction, fashion, entertainment, healthcare and defense.
Jon has experience with both buy-side and sell-side transactions, having represented a diverse mix of strategic acquirers, family-owned businesses, entrepreneurs, multinational corporations and private equity funds.
- Represented Mobile Hi-Tech Wheels, in the sale of its capital stock to Wheel Pros, LLC
- Represented Pacific Piston Ring Co., Inc. in the sale of its capital stock to Loar Group, Inc.
- Represented Redgate Partners, LLC in the sale of its equity interests to The Cranemere Group Limited
- Represented ETS Express, LLC in the sale of its equity interests to an affiliate of Polyconcept North America, Inc.
- Represented LendingTree, Inc. (NASDAQ: TREE) in its acquisition of StudentLoanHero, Inc.
- Represented Streamline Circuits, LLC in the sale of its equity to an affiliate of HCI Equity Partners
- Represented ICM Partners in the acquisition of Gestion Juste pour Rire Inc.
- Represented Bear Down Brands, LLC in the sale of its equity to Topspin Partners, LP
- Represented Hasa, Inc. in the acquisition of its stock by Peak Rock Capital LLC
- Represented Hanson Distributing Company in its leveraged recapitalization
- Represented Stearns Lending LLC in the purchase of assets of Primary Capital Mortgage, LLC
- Represented Stearns Lending LLC in the sale of its delegated correspondent lending business to Flagstar Bank, FSB
- Represented Bison Capital Partners in its investment in Miva, Inc.
- Represented Bison Capital Partners in structuring the financing and post-closing structure of its acquisition of Twin Med Holding Corporation
- Represented Lockwood Industries, Inc. (d/b/a Fralock) in the sale of a majority of its equity interests to private equity firm Arsenal Capital Partners
- Represented Comprehensive Eyecare in its sale to private equity fund Gauge Partners
- Represented Wpromote, LLC in the sale of 40% of its equity interests to Shamrock Capital Advisors
- Represented Larry Methvin Installations, Inc. in its stock sale to Patrick Industries, Inc.
- Winning the Gold: Why Venue Owners Need to Consider the Importance of Flexibility in Sponsorship AgreementsThe Licensing Journal, 08.2018
Covering Your Ads Blog Posts
- Global Legal Chronicle, 09.24.2018
- Winning the Gold: Why Venue Owners Need to Consider the Importance of Flexibility in Sponsorship AgreementsSports Facilities and the Law, 04.2018
- Speaker, "Mergers and Acquisitions," UC Irvine, January 23, 2020
J.D., UC Berkeley School of Law, 2016, Business Law Certificate
B.A., Emory University, 2013, Dean's List, Phi Beta Kappa