- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 1966
- M.B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1963
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1961
Mr. Gorman is Of Counsel in the Tax and Estate Planning Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Gorman's practice involves all aspects of estate planning and the administration of trusts and estates. His experience includes the creation and administration of charitable trusts and foundations, life insurance irrevocable trusts, family limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and other entities that implement an estate plan. In addition, he has had extensive experience in handling litigation matters involving trusts and estates.
Served for six years as a Regent of the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel.
- Fellow, American College of Trust & Estate Counsel
- Member, The International Academy of Estate and Trust Law
- Who's Who in America
- Best Lawyers in America, 1987-2018
- Who's Who in American Law
- Southern California Super Lawyer, 2008-2016
He is a frequent author on the rules and techniques of estate planning, taxation law, and related topics.
- He is a frequent lecturer on the rules and techniques of estate planning, taxation law, and related topics.
- Former Chairman, Death Tax Committees, California State Bar
- Former Chairman, Tax Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Advisory Committee, Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning at the University of Miami
- Founding Member, Planning Committee, Annual U.S.C. Trust and Estate Conference
- Former Member, Advisory Committee, CEB-UCLA Institute on Estate Planning