- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2013, Business Law and Policy Specialization
- B.A., University of Victoria, 2010, with distinction
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
James Hill is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Hill’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation in both state and federal court. Mr. Hill has represented clients in a variety of matters, including breach of contract and business tort actions, construction disputes, litigation involving municipalities, and post-judgment enforcement proceedings. Mr. Hill has worked on matters in the California, Arizona, and Florida appellate courts, including civil and criminal appeals, writ petitions, and an appellate special action.
Mr. Hill has an active pro bono practice, including two appellate matters relating to claims for violations of Constitutional rights.
- Integrating The Civil Code of Quebec Secured Transaction Model with the U.C.C. and Canadian Personal Property Security Acts—Replacing Formalism with Functionalism, 45 No. 3 UCC L.J. 281 (2014)
Class Action Defense Strategy Blog Posts
- "Ninth Circuit Rejects Percentage Method To Determine Attorneys’ Fees In Class Action Settlement," January 21, 2014, reprinted in the News Blog for the National Association of Legal Fee Analysis, February 1, 2014
Corporate & Securities Law Blog Posts