Real Estate Project Assistant
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP seeks a motivated and high-achieving individual to work as a Real Estate Project Assistant for our transactional Real Estate team in our Orange County office. We are looking for a proactive “team player” with the desire to work in a fast‑paced environment. The ability to multitask and to prioritize assignments to meet deadlines is a must. Strong communication skills are required to interact with paralegals, attorneys and clients. This is an excellent position for an individual considering law school or graduate school in the future. No prior legal experience is required, but an interest in business and/or the real estate field is a plus. Former Real Estate Project Assistants have attended USC Law School, UCLA Anderson School of Business, University of San Diego School of Law, and University of Colorado Boulder School of Law, among others.
- Preparation of real estate documents, including purchase agreements, leases and entity formation documents.
- Participation in real estate transactions, including purchases, sales, financings, joint ventures and lease transactions.
- Implementation of revisions to documents based on negotiations and input from clients.
- Organization of documents for real estate closings.
- Draft correspondence; interact and communicate with clients and attorneys on a daily basis.
- Obtain and organize information from internal and external sources.
- Perform administrative and support tasks as needed.
- Participate in real estate group training activities.
The Real Estate Project Assistant will be actively involved in all stages of the processing of real estate transaction documents, including preparing initial and revised drafts and circulating final drafts and execution packages for signature. Candidate must be very organized and detail-oriented to see each document and task through to its conclusion, as such individual will be responsible for handling multiple documents and tasks for various types of real estate transactions on a given day.
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic performance (include GPA with cover letter/resume).
- Proficiency in Word; knowledge of Excel preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime to meet client needs.
- Willingness to commit to working in the position for 2 years.
Please submit resume and GPA to HR.OC@sheppardmullin.com for consideration.